Bent Garage Door Panel Replacement Services - Phoenix, AZ
The garage door compliments the exterior appearance of your house. However, there is no denying of the fact that garage doors are made of various components, and they can wear and tear with the passage of time. Also, a garage door panel can get bent or weakened over a period of time. This is very common in areas with extreme temperature fluctuations.
If you find bent garage door panel in your garage door, it's important to get it replaced. Operating a garage door with damaged garage door panels may lead to further damage to the other parts of your garage door. Even when a single garage door panel is damaged, it pulls all other garage door panels out of alignment. Therefore, these garage door problems need to be addressed immediately.
After determining the complexity of the problem, our technicians suggest the best course of action, whether this means getting the garage door panels replaced or repaired. However, in order to avoid unexpected problems, you can schedule regular maintenance of garage door panels. Regular garage door panel maintenance service will keep the garage door panel in smooth operating condition.
Phoenix Home Garage Doors offers garage door panel repair & installation services in Phoenix. We have qualified professionals who can take care of all your garage door repair problems.
However, the garage door panel brand you select should fit your garage door. The garage doors that have a frame and panel construction style are sturdier than those that have elaborate and decorative detail. These decorations are usually glued or nailed. The most of garage door panels are made of steel, wood and aluminum.
How to Conduct a Garage Door Panel Replacement at Home
Before replacing the bent or damaged garage door panels, get the right garage door panels that will fit correctly. Make sure you confirm the make and model of the bent panel, and it should complement the style of your home. Here are a few steps to follow when you are replacing your garage door panel:
First Contact the Perfect Garage Door Service Provider:
- After you have confirmed the make and model of the panels, order the replacement panels from companies that offer bent garage door panel replacement in Phoenix. Check also if any garage door repair is needed.
Remove the Bent or Damaged Garage Door Panels:
- Unplug the automatic garage door opener and then open the door manually.
- After opening the door, remove the springs. Removing the springs is very important because if you don't remove them, the springs are likely to get misaligned, jump out and cause serious injuries.
- The panels have rollers on the sides that allow the smooth movement of the garage door. Panels are joined together, so you have to remove each of the panels until you get to the bent panel.
- Separate the top panel from the bottom one. Now lift it up and take it off the track, then set it aside. Do the same for the other panels that you need to replace.
Replace the Bent or Damaged Garage Door Panel
Slide the rollers into the track and then lower the new panel until it touches the panel below. Attach the new panel to the existing one with screws. Return the panels you had removed into place and fasten them. Return the door spring and secure them tightly.
The garage door is now ready for testing. The garage door panels should slide up and down without any difficulty.
However, it is always advisable to hire best garage door repair professionals in Phoenix for bent garage panel replacement. Phoenix Home Garage Doors offers garage door repair, inspection and maintenance services from technicians who are always available to attend to your garage door requirements. We also offer safety check inspections from time to time.